Divorce Decree Form With Ring


Ecclesiastical Divorce

An ecclesiastical divorce may be granted after a civil Decree Absolute has been given. However, the parish priest must exert every effort to reconcile the couple and avert the divorce. Should the priest fail to bring about reconciliation, he will convey the petition of the party seeking ecclesiastical divorce to the Spiritual Court of the Archdiocese. A copy of the Decree Absolute must accompany this petition and the fees for the Archdiocese. Such ecclesiastical divorce is necessary in the case of a second or third marriage, which are tolerated by our Church.


  • Granting of Ecclesiastical Divorce $500.00.
  • If both parties require Divorce, fee is $500.00 each.
  • Copy of Ecclesiastical Divorce $150.00.

Start typing to see posts you are looking for.